A quick refresher before we get down to business, in case you’ve forgotten how boosters worked in Uncharted 2.
Boosters are basically abilities that you can equip that will affect gameplay. In addition to the ability it gives you, you also gain experience and level up the ability as you use it.
The Uncharted 3 beta will also let you test out some of these boosters, eight in total separated between two booster slots. They are:
Booster Slot 1:
- Come Here – The last opponent that killed you remains on your radar until their next death. A great way to get revenge.
- Retaliation – If you are killed by a weapon that was picked up, you will spawn with that weapon when you respawn.
- Cloaked – You are invisible on radar, and your movement is silent.
- Weapon Expert – Equip more than the standard number of weapon mods.
Booster Slot 2:
- Back in the Salled – Respawn more quickly.
- Bargain – Medal Kickbacks are cheaper (beta medal kickbacks are listed below)
- Power Hunter – Power weapons appear on radar.
- Daredevil – Gain extra ammo for taunting over a deceased opponent.
In addition to Booster slots, some medal kickbacks will also be available in the Uncharted 3 beta. Medal Kickbacks are similar to boosters, except that they are much more powerful. As a trade-off, you have to earn them during the match by acquiring a certain number of medals, they aren’t just available to you right away like boosters.
The beta will feature four medal kickbacks. The are:
- Smoke Bomb – Throw down a smoke bomb and vanish.
- Speedy G – Super speed.
- RPG!!! – You spawn with an RPG equipped.
- Cluster Bomb – When you throw a grenade, it explodes into multiple grenades instead of just the one.